On their wedding night
He said to her:
"I suppose that
Having lived all that time
together would make it hard
to make this a big occasion",
To which she replied:
"Suppose all you want
But I have work to do."
"Work to do?"
"A speech, to be precise"
"A speech?"
"Yes. I have prepared a speech
To a certain body part of yours;
You may wish to listen as well,
Learn a few things this way."
"I am all ears." "Whatever.
I need you to move this way.
Now. Here is the deal.
You have a choice, my friend:
On the one hand,
You can have a life of comfort
Satisfaction, happiness
With all your needs taken care
By a very attentive attendant
Who will be on duty
Most nights and weekend days;
On the other hand,
You will have a life
Of eternal boredom
In a glass jar full of formaldehyde
In a forensic storage facility
Visited by people who will
Point to you and say:
Remember that case?
The jury acquitted her
After she explained to them
What a great deal it had."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment