Monday, August 8, 2011

She Says "Hello" to His Would-be Lovers

Having made love to him,
She reaches for a marker and says:
"I'm an open-minded girl
And don't mind if you have
Affairs with other women,
Provided they keep off
My favorite parts of you
Which I will now mark
Off limits for them.
Right here, the most important part,
You shouldn't be surprised,
You know my strong feelings about it;
Then your belly, I will mark if off too
Since I like to use it as a pillow;
Your torso, a playground
For my finger nails, must, as such
Be stricly off limits as well;
Now your back, I don't mean
To be greedy but restrict it I must:
When I take my little bites here,
You get these cute white marks
That then turn such a lovely red;
As for further up, I will just run
My marker around your neck--
Your face is mine to gaze at
When I can't sleep at night;
Your hair, I am afraid I need
To hold on to when you try
This disappearing trick in my cleavage;
We are left with the extremities--
Your arms, I am sorry, but
I can't let go for sentimental reasons
Having to do with our first date;
Which leaves your legs:
Here, I insist on keeping them
On account of what happened
When I saw them first,
Sticking ouf of your tent
And I caught myself thinking
That the rest of you was
As lovely as those legs;
And now I know
What you are thinking:
That I am not fair
And that I am not leaving you enough
To have an affair with,
But that is not totally true:
Right here: The top of your head,
Your bold spot. I will circle it.
Your lovers can have it.
I will even write on it,
'Hello'"



No comments: